Accuracy Pro User Manual
Download the app
Download & install the ONEOF Accuracy App for Windows. The minimum requirements are:
- Windows 10 version 1803 or more
- 64 bits
- Processor Intel i5 or more
- 4Gb RAM or more
Note: The Accuracy Pro is also compatible with the iOS ONEOF apps.
Plug the device
Plug the USB type-C cable in the device.
The connector is located along the stand.
Note: Always use high-quality shielded USB cables only.
Prepare the watch
If the watch is equipped with a screw-down system, always unlock the crown. Otherwise the signal could be too weak to be correctly processed. Fully wind the watch.
Place the watch
Hold the linear slide and place the watch on the device. The crown should lay on the fine brushed aluminum part. Note: The crown in contact with the sensor always gives the best signal quality.
For heavy watches
You can secure the watch by placing the dedicated rubber around the slide and the sensor cap. You will find two rubbers under the stand of the device.
Plug & play
Start the ONEOF app and plug the device in the computer. Windows will install and configure the device automatically. After a few seconds, the Accuracy Pro icon will appear on the left menu. The device is ready for the first measurement!
At a glance
The ONEOF Accuracy app window is organized into different areas, menu and bars. The main window is dedicated to the measurement results. The measurement parameters are always readily available through a sliding menu. The app is responsive and tactile (compatible with tablets).
- Main menu: Navigate through all the plugged devices, the measurement results and parameters databases.
- Control bar: Includes the buttons to navigate through the different measurement displays, to activate / deactivate the speaker / recorder mode or to export / save the data.
- Status bar: Shows the current status of the measurement, the frequency of the watch and the quality of the signal.
- Sliding parameters menu: Includes all the measurement parameters, a list to access a user parameters, the display options, the current device orientation and serial number.
- Measurement area: Where all the measurements results are displayed.
The measurement windows
The main measurement results – the rate accuracy, the beat error and the amplitude – are always readily available at the top of the main window. The control bar left buttons navigate through different displays: the diagram, the scope, the graphs, the dispersion, the tabular data and the radar chart (multi-position). The navigation is also possible through the two arrows located on the left and on the right of the window.
Performing a measurement
The measurement states
The app has no start / stop button: the measurement starts automatically as soon as a watch is detected on the sensor. When a watch is detected, the measurement goes through different states depending on the set parameters:
- Detecting frequency (if set automatic)
- Stabilizing (if non-zero)
- Finished or Failed
The current state is displayed at the bottom left of the window with its full name and optionally a countdown.
The diagram display
As soon as the frequency is detected, the diagram starts displaying the results. Each dot represents a tick or a tock over time which results in the shape of two lines.
- If the watch tends to run faster, the slopes are positive.
- If the watch tends to run slower, the slopes are negative.
- If the watch is perfectly accurate, the chart displays flat lines.
In case the watch has no beat error, the two lines are superimposed. If the beat error is greater than 0.0ms, the lines are spaced. The bigger the beat error, the larger the space between the lines.
The diagram display is historically and commonly used by all the watchmakers as it gives a straight visual results of the watch behavior.
The scope display
The scope is the graphic display of the ticking signal of the watch movement. From the scope, expert watchmakers can detect problems in the escapement phase. It is also a very useful tool to determine if the coming signal is good enough for a correct measurement of the watch.
The Swiss lever escapement is composed of 3 distinctive pulses. The first pulse is temporally very precise and therefore it is used for the computation of the rate accuracy and the beat error. The second pulse is very irregular and cannot be used. The third and most powerful pulse is used to estimate the amplitude of the balance wheel.
The main results
When the integration time is over, the state switches to Measuring and the measurement results are displayed at the top of the measurement area. The rate accuracy is displayed in seconds per day [s/d] at the center, the beat error in milliseconds [ms] on the left and the amplitude in degrees [°] on the right. Each of these values are updated every second.
Every second, a new value of both the accuracy and the amplitude is added to cumulative graphs.
It is always interesting to check how these two values vary over time.
Some particular and natural fluctuations might appear, like the impact of defects in the gear train, the drop of the amplitude during the change date, or more generally the variation of the rate accuracy over the entire power reserve of the watch.
The dispersion display
The dispersion display mode represents the stability of both the rate accuracy (on top) and the amplitude (at the bottom) over time. The average and the standard deviation values are computed every second.
Two bar graphs display a clear representation of the variation:
- The upper slider is the instantaneous value.
- The lower slider is the average value over time.
- The grey bars, growing over time, represents the distribution of the results.
The multi-position display
This page summarizes the multi-position testing results in two different mode : the tabular data and the radar chart. The positions follow the ISO 3158 (NIHS 95-10) standard, coming from French abbreviations:
- CH = “Cadran Haut” = Dial pointing Up
- CB = “Cadran Bas” = Dial pointing down
- 9H = “9h Haut” = 9.00 pointing Up
- 6H = “6h Haut” = 6.00 pointing Up
- 3H = “3h Haut” = 3.00 pointing Up
- 12H = “12h Haut” = 12.00 pointing Up
The tabular data
The radar chart
Saving & Exporting
Measurement results can be easily saved in dedicated databases. Two different databases are implemented in the Accuracy app: local or remote.
The local database runs under Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0.
The remote database is compatible with Microsoft SQL Server.
Both databases have the same architecture.
Note: The local and remote databases are not synchronized. It means that a measurement saved in one database will not be automatically saved in the other one.
By clicking on a measurement result, the user retrieves all the other results:
- Tabular & radar chart
The save button is located on the control bar (top-right of the window).
Measurement results can be saved anytime during the measurement or at the end of a measurement (in case the user set a specific measurement time).
A pop-up appears in which the user can either select a watch (if already created) or create a new one.
When done, the measurements results are automatically added to the watch data.
The export buttons are located on the control bar (top-right of the window).
The data can be exported from a saved measurement or directly from a running measurement (without stopping it).
There are 3 different possibilities for data export:
- CSV (XLS) file: Raw measurement result – duration, accuracy, amplitude – per second with the watch information and the beat error in the header (if coming from a saved measurement).
- Light PDF report: Contains the measurement information and the tabular data.
- Detailed PDF report: Contains all the measurement information, the tabular data, the radar chart and the graphs.
The measurement parameters
The Lift Angle
The time management
The Integration Time
The Stabilization Time
The Measurement Time
The parameters database
Just like the results, the measurement and time parameters can be easily saved in both the local or the remote database.
Note: The local and remote databases are not synchronized. It means that a parameter saved in one database will not be automatically saved in the other one.